OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Relationship Manager
at OGE Energy Corp.
Works with the various business units and IT to understand business objectives and requirements, devise the best solutions to meet business objectives, and evolve strategic alignment to achieve the anticipated business value. This role is viewed as integral to the business when making decisions that may be impacted by technology. The Business Relationship Manager must be able to address constant changes in IT services, business needs, and overall corporate strategy, and find flexible ways to respond to these changes over time.
This specific BRM position will be focused on the STREAMS business groups (technology, security and business continuity).
- Determine the strategy for the effective use of IT services. Develop and provide a framework for managing overall and strategic relationships and interests of different business and IT stakeholders.
- Acts as the primary business interface in designing and maintaining standardized Relationship Management processes, Managing customer expectations, perception and satisfaction (plans, implements, reviews and actions customer satisfaction surveys).
- Coordinate services, projects, and plans within domain to ensure priorities are addressed appropriately, and reconcile projected resource baseline with actual utilization of resources.
- Work to progress the goals and objectives of business and IT relationships.
- Resolve escalated relationship issues.
- Review, verify, and ensure that diverging client interests are resolved and aligned, and that the set of agreements is modified as necessary to meet the evolving business needs.
- Ensure the delivered services meet the operational needs of the business, and that quality, satisfaction, and productivity measurements are tracked and reviewed with the appropriate the client and supplier personnel.
- Manage overall relationships with business partners and IT leadership, e.g. to improve decision making amongst multiple business units and ensure appropriate engagement of business stakeholders and executives.
- Manage requests (incl. Projects) across IT by: identifying and defining high-level business requirements, prioritizes business requirements and take them through approval, communicate high level business requirements to the Service Provider, and assist Service Provider in defining detailed business requirements, track and report status.
- Assist the business partners in the development of the business case for all proposed projects, ensure the user community is involved in the delivery of new projects and that delivered products meet customer requirements, monitor project status for customer interest and track project costs, and participate in post implementation reviews and project evaluations.
- Work with both IT and business units to identify specific performance standards and performance improvement actions required to meet customer needs and execute strategy.
- Take action in a self- directed manner to identify issues and make recommendations to department leadership.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or other related discipline and combined seven (7) years experience in providing internal IT services which includes Business Relationship Management or internal business experience interfacing with IT; or in lieu of a bachelor's degree thirteen (13) years experience in providing internal IT services which includes Business Relationship Management or internal business experience interfacing with IT.
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION**
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of IT services.
- Profound knowledge of the utility industry and business environment.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think operationally and conceptually.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of leadership within the Utility.
- Successful track record managing and delivering IT services.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and be proficient in conflict resolution.
- Ability to build relationships across work groups to create a team environment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to anticipate business challenges.
- Ability to solve complex problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks, and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to function in a customer oriented environment.
- Ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strong listening skills to truly hear and try to understand what others are trying to say.
- Aptitude to work in deadline-focused, results oriented environment.
- Ability to create an open environment where conflicts as to priorities and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner.
- General knowledge of all areas of IT.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience producing technical roadmaps based on refresh and upgrade cycles
- Ability to take ownership of significant technical projects, working with technical architects, SMEs and vendors to produce project estimates, business cases and proposals.
- Ability to articulate and prioritize work efforts based on business value
- Ability to map technical capabilities to business needs
- May work non-standard hours.
- Work in an office environment.
- Perform computer functions for extended durations.