OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator Transmission ROW
at OGE Energy Corp.
Responsible for coordinating Right-of-Way contract crews in the activities of clearing right-of-ways, opening up existing right-of-way for transmission line maintenance, building fences and gates for performing other construction work as assigned and for restoration of land to near original condition after construction jobs are completed, all in a safe and economical manner.
- Coordinates all activities involved in clearing, clean-up and re- clearing right-of-way for construction of transmission lines to include building and repairing gates and fences, clearing brush and timber, cutting creek banks, building roads, installing temporary culverts in accordance with right-of-way agreements and disposing of cleared brush and timber in accordance with standard procedure and as approved by environmental agencies and landowners. Coordinates activities involved in clean up of right-of-way after line construction such as repairing gates and fences, removing temporary culverts, restoring land to near original condition and performing other work as directed or agreed to in the right-of-way agreement.
- Coordinates the Responsible for weekly inspections and reports associated with Storm Water Pollution Plan when permits are required.
- Maintains close working relationship with property owners in order to maintain good public relations and to allow fair, economical operations.
- Assists Line Crew during storm restoration by coordinating contract crews in clearing damaged structures and conductors, framing and setting new structures.
- Responsible for having Right-of-way materials ordered and delivered to various work locations in a timely manner.
- Routinely investigates problems with transmission lines as reported on aerial reports or inspections and informs line crews of location and material needed and ingress and egress routes.
- Maintains close working relationship with Transmission Line Foremen and Land Management Department.
- Coordinates and evaluates contract crew work in accordance with Transmission Department policy and monitors work for quality and economics.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Six (6) years of ROW or lineman experience.
- Valid State Driver's License
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION**
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to exercise independent and discretionary judgment.
- Ability to handle complex issues without supervision.
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be highly flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret construction prints and maps.
- Thorough knowledge of efficient erosion control measures.
- Knowledge of proper operation and maintenance of various types of heavy equipment.
- May require travel.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules to include on- call and call-outs.
- May be required to be away from home for extended periods of time.