OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at OGE Energy Corp.
Performs professional accounting functions using generally accepted accounting principles in areas including budgets, financial, taxation, property, gas, energy trading, and/or compliance.
- Performs basic accounting functions using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform and document internal controls to comply with federal, state, and local laws and rulings, (Sarbanes-Oxley Act, SEC), internal processes and Company policies.
- Analyze data, prepare journal entries and assists in the preparation of various accounting schedules, reports, filings, returns and/or statements on a timely basis.
- Monitor and maintain specific accounts within assigned functional area.
- Interact with auditors on various matters, specifically, preparation of audit schedules and reviews.
- Ensures completeness, accuracy, and usefulness of accounting records.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or degree with 30 hours of Accounting.
- Valid state driver's license.
- (1) One year accounting experience.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience in Microsoft products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Personal computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft applications and other related software. (Excel, SAP).
- Ability to analyze data using fundamental accounting principles and concepts.
- Ability to multitask with good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals.
- CPA or a candidate pursuing a CPA.
- Office environment
- May be required to work non-standard hours