OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Property Staff Accountant
at OGE Energy Corp.
Performs professional accounting functions using generally accepted accounting principles in areas including budgets, financial, taxation, property, gas, energy trading, and/or compliance.
- Independently perform moderately complex accounting activities. May assist senior professionals in carrying out complex calculations, specialized reports or reconciliations.
- Perform detailed analysis of accounting and business information related to functional area.
- Use best practices and knowledge of functional accounting principles and business operations to ensure completeness, accuracy, and usefulness of records.
- Identify variances, prepare detailed explanations, and correspond with peers or internal customers, management, etc. as needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Make recommendations to assist the Company or department in making decisions regarding present, future, and potential costs.
- Lead in identifying the appropriate recording and reporting of financial information that achieves department and company objectives.
- Analyze data, prepare journal entries and assist in the preparation of various accounting schedules, reports, filings, returns and/or statements on a timely basis.
- Interact with auditors on various matters, specifically, preparation of audit schedules and reviews.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and usefulness of accounting records.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or degree with 30 hours of Accounting
- Two (2) years directly related accounting experience.
- Valid State Driver's License.
- Experience with SAP,
- Intermediate experience in Excel. (Proficiency levels- basic, intermediate, advanced, expert)
- Experience in all other Microsoft products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven personal computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft applications and other related software. (Excel, SAP).
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve routine accounting problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- CPA or a candidate pursuing a CPA.
- Office environment
- May be required to work non-standard hours