Smithfield Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Worker I
at Smithfield Foods, inc.
- Job Locations
- US-OK-Oklahoma City
- Direct Store Delivery
- FLSA Status
- 2nd Shift
- IndSPR- Direct Store Delivery
The General Worker I is responsible for material handling activities associated with the timely loading, unloading, cleaning, and maintenance of product and materials at our DSD Branch Locations. This diverse role requires a multitude of activities including, but not limited to, light vehicle maintenance, product loading, order picking, recordkeeping, and cleaning. The General Worker I is never permitted to drive the Company’s trucks off Company property.
- Load and unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors or trucks
- Read load sheets and shipping orders, to determine items to be moved, gathered and/or distributed
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Sorts and places material and/or product on racks, shelves, and/or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type or product code
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Assembles sales orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to route salesperson or branch management
- Record amounts of material or items received or distributed on load sheets
- Load sales inventory on trucks in specified sequence for route sales personnel
- Maintains daily vehicle observation records as required
- Checks and documents branch cooler and truck temperatures
- Performs truck sanitation
- May be required to perform light vehicle maintenance, i.e. light bulb replacement, tire depth checks as required
- Cleans around work areas inside and outside both the garage and general office areas
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Must be able to use a pallet jack and forklift (powered industrial truck)
- A valid Driver's License required
- The employee must frequently lift, push, pull and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Federal Regulations require the General Worker to be at least 18 years of age
Scope/Impact of Job
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.