Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Body Technician - North OKC
at Sterling Autobody
Job TitleBody Technician - North OKC-10682
* Plans work procedures with lead technicians and service advisors/repair planners
* Repairs plastic parts using a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. plastic welder, soldering equipment, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sander, spray guns, heat guns, etc.)
* Performs minor repairs based on qualifications
* Welds and repairs all plastic parts (bumpers, liners, headlamps, grills, etc.) relating to bumper repair
* Inspects repair for fit and integrity, finish with appropriate grit paper before turning vehicle over to the Paint Dept.
* Performs full reassembly of vehicles based on center production schedule
Repairs accident related damage to vehicles, restoring them to pre-collision condition in accordance with industry standards and factory specifications. Service King Body Technicians are essential to the repair process and must be able to perform quality repairs in a timely matter, always keeping the customers satisfaction in mind.
-Examines damaged vehicle and efficiently plans repair process;
-Works and communicates with others on vehicle repair status;
-Performs quality repairs; while keeping in mind on-time status;
-Makes decisions on repair vs. replace considering safety, cost and cycle time;
-Removes upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle and fenders
-Participates in all required safety meetings;
-Files, grinds, and sands repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools;
-Directs the work of an apprentice in the performance of tasks when needed, i.e., unusual problems or questions, explaining procedures to assistant, etc