Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Summary: The Patient Service Representative I (PSR)/Enteral Coordinator is involved in various patient related tasks. The PSR establishes and maintains positive patient and customer relations by ensuring the timely and accurate generation of delivery tickets, coordination of deliveries and pickups, maintenance of patient supply inventories, and by communicating effectively with all members of the healthcare team. Responsibilities are divided between assisting patients with their supply needs, patient therapy compliance monitoring and data entry.
- Manages a caseload of patients regarding the therapy compliance and coordination of patient supplies and delivery needs.
- Assists patients in maintaining appropriate inventory levels of all needed supplies and solutions and monitoring usage.
- Schedules deliveries and pickups of equipment and supplies.
- Generates delivery tickets for all deliveries and pickups.
- Functions as a contact person between all members of the healthcare team to relay necessary information in order to coordinate patient needs.
- Identifies potential inventory/delivery problems and initiates actions to resolve them.
- Collaborates with warehouse staff to schedule cost efficient deliveries that simultaneously meet the patient’s needs.
- Supports clinical staff by retrieving on-going patient related information. Faxes and or communicates patient related information to physicians as needed. Enters information into the computer daily.
- Assists with filing and updating patient charts. Documents contact with patients and other members of the healthcare team.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned – example: Accepts referral and records initial information for patient and initiates call to insurance company to verify insurance and obtain authorization
Job Duties Include: Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- At least 1 year experience in similar medical setting.