WellSpan Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Echocardiography Technologist I - Lebanon - Cardiovascular Diagnostic Center - Part Time (32 Hours Biweekly) - Day Shift
at WellSpan Health Services
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Non-invasive & Invasive Cardiology, performs routine diagnostic cardiac ultrasound procedures at general skill and knowledge level.
- Performs routine cardiac ultrasound techniques and examinations such as adult echocardiograms and stress echocardiograms.
- Supervises, assists, and evaluates students in the clinical education setting.
- Obtains intravenous access and administers intravenous contrast agents such as Definity. Performs Saline Bubble Studies.
- Prepares preliminary echocardiogram reports and measurements for physicians.
- Positions and transfers patients safely and comfortably.
- Explains procedures to patients.
- Clerical duties such as, scheduling patients, ensuring accurate billing codes, answering phones.
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating order; performs preventative maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis; contacts Biomed Department for major malfunctions.
- Knowledge and routine use of digital image storage system (PACS) and associated workflow software.
- Associate's Degree
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- Graduate of an accredited program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
- 6 - 12 Months of experience preferred but not required